Saturday, May 26, 2007

Mileage Report: 5.26.07

Miles: 6.42
Type: Street
Time: ?
Avg Mile: ?
Calories Burned: 850

I have no idea how long it took me to do this run, but I'm sure I wasn't moving very fast.

It's been raining on and off for the last week here in Austin. That's the reason I haven't been doing much in the way of trail runs. I love trail runs, but after a rain most of the trails become unpenetrable. After a week of rain most of the streets become unpenetrable, the trails become epic battles against mudslides and torrental floods.

I really am a fan of trail runs. Outside of the wear and tear it saves on your joints, it's just so much more interesting than steets. Cleaner, in an earthy, muddy, spider-infested way. There's more to look at than people and their cars. If I may go all tangent here, people and their cars make me angry in an irrational way. People with expensive sports cars represent people with more money than brains. People blasting thug music are congealed ass dropping and testosterone. People going too fast are jerks, people going too slow are morons.

You don't see that shit on the trails. Nope, just joggers, hikers, rock climbers, and evil, homocidal bicyclists. My mortal enemies.

No comments: