Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mileage Report: 5.13.07

Miles: 4.95
Type: Hills/Road
Time: 40min - 44min (didn't pay close attention to what time I left)
Average Mile: 8.04 - 8.53
Calories Burned: 600 or so

What I wanted to do today was speedwork. What happened was I got up at 5AM and my body said, quote: "Fuck you." All I could squeeze out of it was a five mile run (but I tricked myself and did hill intervals.) A lot of running sites talk about the benefits of doing hills. I read these and laugh and laugh. People talking about how hard hills are, about how they have to go out of their way to find a hill, how they dread training on hills. I live in Austin. There is no flat ground. All running is hill running. The only thing that made today any different is that I exagerated the hills. Really focused on them. Rather than do a five mile loop that might include one long-ass mile long incline, I ran six different hills up and down, in my neighborhood. I'm you're half-naked sweaty neighbor.

No comments: